Call for Applications - Faculty Position
The position is expected to be filled initially at the rank of non-tenure-track Associate Professor 1 level for a period of one year, which can be renewed on an annual basis. Ranking and consequent salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience following provisions in the UP Diliman’s Faculty Manual. The position is subject to final available items and administrative approvals.
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain an active record of teaching, advising, research, and extension service in the field of Library and Information Studies with possible administrative responsibilities in line with running the School.
Applicants in the following subjects areas are currently needed:
Information Science, with specialization in information management, information systems and technology, data science, informatics, knowledge organization systems, and other related subjects;
Archives and Records Management, with extensive knowledge in collection management, archival research, archival access and outreach, preservation and conservation of archives in different formats.
Expertise on related fields, such as, communications, cultural studies, and other areas in the social sciences and humanities that would complement the above mentioned specializations is a plus.
Primary teaching responsibilities will be in the graduate programs of the School (MLIS, MSLIS, and MARM) with possible teaching units in the BLIS program. This position offers the opportunity and requires the candidates to engage in innovative research and socially relevant extension services.
- hold an appropriate PhD or equivalent terminal degree
- demonstrate excellent teaching potential and a commitment to teaching library and information studies at the graduate and undergraduate levels
- exhibit a high level of competence in research or creative work, with at least several research publications in reputable refereed journals/books
- have the ability to supervise research or direct projects
- be able to physically report to work in UP Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
- espouse the virtues of the University and of the School towards community service and nation building
The closing date for all applications is Friday, March 17, 2023. Application materials must include:
- a letter of intent stating the candidate’s qualifications for the position and projected research agenda;
- a current curriculum vitae;
- two (2) recommendation letters: (1) academic and (1) professional; and
- sample publications.
Applicants who have prior teaching experience may also include a teaching portfolio of no more than five (5) pages (i.e., sample teaching materials, syllabi, etc.), including a statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching effectiveness.
Applications are addressed to the Dean of the School and should be submitted to the Office of the College Secretary via email (colsec [DOT] slis [DOT] updiliman [AT] up [DOT] edu [DOT] ph) by the deadline. Referees should send their recommendation letters directly to the Office of the College Secretary via email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted on or before Wednesday, March 23, 2023 for a series of interviews.
Inquiries may be addressed to Prof. Mark Anthony Santos, College Secretary at the above address.
Published: 2023-02-16 14:53:12